PLEX (Polymer-Lipid Encapsulation matriX) platform is a matrix made of alternating layers of polymers and lipids that entrap a therapeutic drug.
This self-assembled matrix forms a protected reservoir that enables controlled and continuous delivery of drugs over periods ranging from days to several months.
PLEX-based protected drug reservoirs enable prolonged delivery of sensitive drugs over periods ranging from days to several months.
The clinical application of our PLEX technology provides optimized continuous local drug delivery in the body over a prolonged time (week to months) in a single application, a rare combination of attributes.
PLEX REVOLUTIONIZES LOCALIZED DRUG DELIVERY
Our studies show that our products are highly effective at the targeted site despite the drug dose delivered locally being small fraction of the traditional administrated systemic doses.
The use of a well-controlled, locally effective, dose minimizes potential side effects and aimed to improve overall patient outcomes.
LOCAL CONDITIONS NEED LOCAL SOLUTIONS
Our localized medication solution is essential in many treatment regimens where surgeons desire a single application to improve treatment outcomes, such as:
- Prevention of infections
- Post surgical pain
- Cancer tumor resection
In organs with limited blood supply, our drug delivery technology overcomes systemic penetration challenges encountered in various locations in the body, including bone and brain.
THE BREADTH OF THE PLEX PLATFORM
(1) Clinical stage | (2) In-vivo POC | (3) In-vitro POC
PLEX TECHNOLOGY ADVANTAGES
The advantages of our PLEX drug delivery system lie in its unique combined characteristics.
- Accommodate many types of drugs, (e.g. small molecules, peptides, and other proteins and nucleic acids)
- Product compounds with sensitivity to heat , pH and enzymes
- Drug can be delivered by itself ("standalone") or in conjunction with other products (such as devices)
- Can be inserted during surgery, as injectable material, or as coating of medical device
- Protect the drug from hydration and degradation, accomplished by incorporating the drug in an internal reservoir that protects it from biological and water-related destruction
- Predetermined drug release duration ranging from a day to several months
- Ability to pre-set different release parameters for each drug according to the desired medical application
- PLEX is composed of well-known components which are commercially available and extensively used in the pharmaceutical industry
- Production is performed under cost effective conditions. No covalent bonds are created during the self-assembly of PLEX™, either with the drug or between the formulating materials
- No specialized training is required for surgeons. Product is highly intuitive to use
STRONG INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY POSITIONING
- Method of use
- Sophisticated "know how"