We are a global clinical-stage bio-pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing novel, locally administered therapies to improve surgical outcomes.
Our PLEX (Polymer-Lipid Encapsulation matriX) technology is a unique platform that is anchored in the surgical site to provide controlled and continuous delivery of medications.
Our product candidates are designed to deliver medications in the body over days to several months in a controlled manner. This allows surgeons to deliver medication right to the surgical site to improve patient outcomes in localized medical conditions such as; infection, pain, inflammation and cancer.
- PLEX™ (Polymer-Lipid Encapsulation matriX) platform is made of alternating layers of polymers and lipids that entrap a therapeutic drug to form a protected reservoir.
- PLEX-based drug reservoirs enable prolonged delivery of unmodified drugs over periods ranging from days to several months, a rare combination of attributes.
- The PLEX™ platform is able to accommodate a large variety of different molecules, regardless of size or physical characteristics:
LEAD DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Our lead development program is focused on providing a local solution for surgeons to prevent surgical site infection.
Our novel D-PLEX product candidate delivers a broad-spectrum antibiotic, doxycycline, generating high local concentration over several weeks with minimal systemic exposure:
- Prevents surgical site infections (both gram negative and positive)
- High local concentration over prolong period addresses resistant bacteria
- Local delivery eliminates systemic safety concerns
- Improves patient outcomes from infection related complications
Our product candidates are designed to release antibiotics locally, in a controlled manner, over extended periods of time, in a variety of medical conditions.
PolyPid is actively evaluating partnership and licensing opportunities across our platform technology and our product candidates.
Our PLEX platform as a local drug delivery vehicle is designed to optimize drugs’ local therapeutic effect and clinical outcome in patients.
Our opportunities are focused around:
- Partnerships to enhance the commercial introduction of our lead development program to surgeons and the hospital surgical suite for the prevention of surgical site infections
- License our technology delivery to improve proprietary product delivery for partners
- Licensing our pipeline assets to partners to improve patient outcomes